Our 18,000 square foot facility provides all of the functions needed to develop and manufacture high performance semiconductor laser diodes and chip-based photonics solutions. Processing is performed in clean rooms varying from Class 100 to 10,000, depending on the particular needs of the process step.
The core of our facility is a state-of-the-art Metalorganic Chemical Vapor Phase Deposition (MOCVD) laboratory, which allows us to grow epitaxial layers of III-V compound semiconductors with molecular-scale precision.
Our highly developed processes for growing these “Quantum-Well” layers are keys to the high performance and excellent manufacturing yields of our devices.
A full set of precision diagnostic techniques, including high resolution x-ray diffraction and scanning photoluminescence spectrometry, provide the high degree of control needed for consistently high quality.
Our facility provides us with the capability for performing all other required manufacturing and characterization process, including:
- Plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition (PECVD)
- Physical vapor deposition (PVD, both electron-beam and sputtering)
- Field emission scanning electron microscopy (FE-SEM)
- Atomic force microscopy (AFM)
- Variable temperature light-current and voltage-current curve tracing
- Optical near and far field characterization